Notes from Marianne Williamson – spiritual teacher and author:
Own what you know about yourself. It isn’t arrogant, it’s humble to appreciate the greatness of who you are. We are created from God, therefore we have infinite possibilities inside ourselves and what we are capable of. And we need to be willing to accept the possibilities and be willing to embody that greatness. Be willing to take our talents and abilities and be “willing to shine as you never have shined before”.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”- Marianne Williamson
Soul Homework for our Clients
1. In what ways do you hold back?
2. Do you ever find yourself wanting to speak up and don’t?
3. Are there experiences you’ve wanted to try and haven’t because of fear or doubt?
4. What are you saying to yourself that holds you back?
5. Where did you learn to “hide”?
6. If you didn’t hold back, what would you be doing differently…how would your life look differently?